Need help finding a way to paint this

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Need help finding a way to paint this

Hello everyone,
      I am Adam and I am originally from canada I recently moved to berlin with my german wife. I am a furniture maker and I have a design in mind that i want to paint, I am not sure how it was originally painted but here it is, this is from tozando kendo and martial arts supply, i practice kendo and i found it in their available colors for the body protector, I have a table project with rounded edge and i was wondering if it's possible to imitate this design on top? at first i thought it is Urushi lacquer but when i checked the price and material it cannot be urushi lacquer. I have a double action airbrush and was wondering if there is a way to imitate this design on wood after sanding and sealing of course? any ideas of where to start and what colors/steps to produce it?

thank you guys,
      Adam
    • Hello Adam
      Welcome to this Forum.

The whole thing almost looks like one of my e-cigarette batteries that I once made. At least the procedure should be relatively the same.
      I attach a picture of it so that you can see what I mean.

To do that, you need silver as a base. Then you can apply the black with the help of cling film. To do this, crumple the foil a bit and then apply the fareb to it.

The whole results then once a silver.black structure. At the end the whole thing is coated with so-called candy. In your case then Candy Blue, let's say from Createx the Cabo o2.

when it is dry the whole must be sealed with 2-component varnish. Since it is a piece of furniture I do not know if you could use resign as well.

Greetings Thomas